prep time: 10 MINUTES
cook time: 2 MINUTES
total time: 12 MINUTES
- 1 Cup Quinoa
- 1 can (15 ounce) Chickpeas, Low Sodium
- 1 Cup Water
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Garnishes & Toppings
- 5 Olives (Black or Green or Mix)
- 3 Pepperoncini, sliced
- 1/4 Cup Red Onions, sliced
- 1/2 Cup Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 4 Handfuls of Baby Spinach Leaves or any Greens
- 1/2 Cup Radish, sliced
- 1 Cucumber (regular size), sliced
- 1 tbsp Curly Parsley, chopped
- SPICY ROASTED RED BELL PEPPER SAUCE INGREDIENTS
- 1/4 Cup Rosted Bell Peppers (bottled)
- 3 Pods of Garlic Cloves
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Tsp Hot Sauce
- Salt to Taste
- Take the strainer and wash QUINOA under running cold water till water runs clear. Set aside.
- Now strain the can of chickpeas and run under water. Set aside.
- Plug your Instant Pot and place the inner pot inside. Add 1 cup washed quinoa + 1 cup water + 1 can chickpeas along with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Place the lid of the IP. Close it and set the valve to SEALING. Press Manual/Pressure Cook Mode and set it on High for 2 Minutes.
- After the timer goes off, follow NPR (natural pressure release). Open the Lid. Take a fork and gently fork through the Quinoa. It will come out fluffy and soft. Let it come to the room temperature before you make SALAD out of it.
- Meanwhile, Quinoa is cooking in the IP, prepare the garnishes and SPICY ROASTED RED BELL PEPPER SAUCE.
- Chop or Slice your Toppings. Olives need to be pitted. You may use them whole or sliced. Half the cherry tomatoes
- SPICY ROASTED RED BELL PEPPER SAUCE RECIPE – Take your high speed blender. Add 1/4 cup roasted bell peppers from the jar + 3 garlic pods (peeled) + Lemon juice + Hot Sauce + Salt to taste. Blend it till smooth. Your SAUCE IS READY.
- SERVING SUGGESTIONS – Once the Quinoa & Chickpea Mix is cooled down to the Room Temperature, add the toppings and garnishes of your choice. Top with the Spicy Roasted Red Pepper Sauce and Indulge.
- I used canned and low sodium artichoke hearts, olives, pepperoncini for the recipe as extra toppings. You may use it all or use just 1, as per your choice.
- This Instant Pot Mediterranean Quinoa Salad is perfect as a complete meal on your busy weeknight. So easy to make that you will love it. Serve with warm pita pocket on the side and have a hearty meal.
- This stays good in the refrigerator for a week. You can pack your lunch with it.
- It is perfect for your SUMMER PARTIES and POTLUCKS.
- You can cook quinoa ahead of time and when ready to eat, just mix with fresh toppings and sauce and enjoy.