- 14 oz firm tofu
- 4 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoon neutral oil
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon chili bean sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon white sesame seeds
- 1 stalk scallion
- Freeze tofu overnight. If not freezing overnight, skip to step 3 in the tofu preparation section.
- Next day, defrost the tofu. Either let sit in a warm bath of water or microwave for 30 second intervals until fully defrosted.
- Wrap tofu in a paper towels and press between two heavy plates to remove remaining liquid.
- Once pressed, slice the tofu into even 1 inch cubes.
- Toss the cubes in cornstarch.
- Prepare the marinade by mixing honey, soy sauce, sesame oil, water, minced garlic, and chili bean sauce in a bowl.
- Oil pan, and once hot, toss in the tofu. Cook the tofu evenly on each side so they are all crispy over medium heat. This will usually take about 3 minutes per side. Don’t toss the tofu but let each side crisp up before moving onto another side.
- Pour the marinade over the tofu and gently stir-fry so each tofu piece is evenly covered. Let tofu simmer in the sauce for about 1 minute.
- Add sesame seeds and chopped scallions, and stir for 30 seconds.
- Serve over rice.
Leave a Reply