3 cups flour (360g)
1 packet of yeast
1 tbsp sugar
1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
1 cup warm water
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cauliflower (375g)
3.5 tbsp tapioca flour
1 tbsp nutritional yeast
1-2 tsp salt
*add salt to taste preferences
1/2-1 cup non-dairy milk, unsweetened and no flavor (I used 3/4 cup)
3/4 cup tomato sauce
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp parsley
A pinch red pepper flakes
1. Warm the water up to 110-115F (43-46C). I usually put it in the microwave for about 30 seconds and that is good. You can use a thermometer to check or I test it with my finger for the temperature of a very hot bath.
2. Pour the sugar and yeast packet int the water and set it aside for 10 minutes. The yeast will get foamy and start to smell.
3. Sift in 1/2 the flour and salt into a big bowl. I like to add the flour in halves so I do not add too much. Some days you may need more or less flour.
Add the olive oil and activated yeast in. Begin to gently mix. Continuously adding in the rest of the flour and mixing. The dough should look somewhat sticky.
4. With clean hands and a clean, floured surface begin to knead the dough. You will only knead it for about a minute. If you find the dough is too sticky add a little extra flour. If it seems too dry add a little extra water. Dough should be smooth and soft.
Form the dough into a ball. Place into an oiled bowl. Cover with a dish towel and set it aside for at least 30 minutes or until it has doubled in size.
5. While the dough rises, cut the cauliflower into small chunks. Boil on the stove until fork tender.
6. Drain the cooked cauliflower and the rest of the cheese ingredients to a high speed blender. Start with 1/2 cup of non-dairy milk and add more as needed. The less non-dairy milk you can use the better