Vegan Heavenly Cheesecake is a delicious dairy-free and plant-based alternative to traditional cheesecake. It’s made with ingredients that mimic the creamy texture and rich flavor of cheesecake without using any animal products. Here’s a basic recipe to get you started:
For the crust:
- 1 1/2 cups vegan graham cracker crumbs (check the ingredients to ensure they’re vegan)
- 1/4 cup melted vegan butter or coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or agave nectar
For the filling:
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked in water for at least 4 hours or overnight
- 1/2 cup coconut cream (the thick part from a can of full-fat coconut milk)
- 1/3 cup lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or agave nectar
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
For the topping (optional):
- Fresh berries, fruit compote, or vegan chocolate chips
- Prepare the crust:
- In a food processor, pulse the graham crackers until they become fine crumbs.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, melted vegan butter or coconut oil, and maple syrup or agave nectar. Mix until the mixture is well combined and resembles wet sand.
- Press the crust:
- Grease the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Press the graham cracker crust mixture evenly into the bottom of the pan.
- Place the pan in the refrigerator while you prepare the filling.
- Make the filling:
- Drain and rinse the soaked cashews.
- In a high-speed blender, combine the soaked cashews, coconut cream, lemon juice, maple syrup or agave nectar, melted coconut oil, vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt.
- Blend until the mixture is smooth and creamy. You may need to stop and scrape down the sides of the blender a few times to ensure everything is well incorporated.
- Assemble the cheesecake:
- Pour the creamy filling mixture over the graham cracker crust in the springform pan.
- Smooth the top with a spatula.
- Chill the cheesecake:
- Cover the cheesecake with plastic wrap or aluminum foil and place it in the refrigerator.
- Let it chill for at least 4-6 hours, or preferably overnight, to allow it to set.
- When you’re ready to serve, you can add fresh berries, fruit compote, or vegan chocolate chips as a topping.
Enjoy your vegan Heavenly Cheesecake! It’s a delightful treat that’s dairy-free and cruelty-free while still providing the creamy and indulgent taste of traditional cheesecake.