Hearty Vegetable Soup is a perfect warming meal for a cold winter evening. This soup is incredibly flavorful and super-packed with veggies and protein. It’s light on calories, healthy, and easy. Using V8 juice enhances the taste of the broth, making it one of the best vegetable soups you’ll make!
PREP TIME10 minutes
COOK TIME1 hour 30 minutes
TOTAL TIME1 hour 40 minutes
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 onions chopped
- 5 garlic cloves minced
- 5 celery stalks, plus leaves chopped
- 5 carrots chopped
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 4 cups V8 vegetable juice
- 1 13 oz diced tomato cans
- ½ 13 oz can of green beans
- 12 oz can of corn
- 1 ½ tsp parsley
- 1 ½ teaspoon thyme
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 ¼ teaspoon basil
- ½ 13 oz can of cannelloni beans
- 3 oz ditalini pasta uncooked
- In a large stock pot, heat olive oil on medium heat and add carrots, celery, garlic, and onions. Cook until tender-crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Add canned tomatoes (and their juices), corn, green beans, vegetable broth, vegetable juice, salt, pepper, thyme, basil, and parsley. Simmer on low for 75 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add cannelloni beans and ditalini pasta. Stir and simmer for 15 minutes more, stirring often.
- Remove from heat, taste, and adjust seasonings as needed. Serve with crusty bread.
- Storing: freeze leftovers for 6 months or store in the fridge for up to 7 days.
- Omit pasta and increase the amount of vegetables for a lower carb version.
- Serving: 8ozCalories: 129kcalCarbohydrates: 23gProtein: 3gFat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 2gSodium: 1164mgPotassium: 456mgFiber: 3gSugar: 9gVitamin A: 6313IUVitamin C: 37mgCalcium: 50mgIron: 1mg