- Yield: 6
- Total Time: 20 minutes
200 gms – Rolled Oats/ Oats flour
3/4 cup – Flax seeds
1/2 tsp – Baking soda
200 gms – Spinach leaves
1inch – Ginger chopped
7 – Green chilli chopped
1 tsp – Black pepper powder
1 tbsp – Cumin seeds
1 tbsp – Carom seeds
1/2 cup – Chickpea flour
1 big – Onion chopped
1 tbsp – Amchur powder
1/2 tsp – Turmeric powder
1 tbsp – Garam masala powder
1/2 cup – Red bell pepper
1/2 cup – Yellow bell pepper
1 cup – Tofu (diced)
2 tbsp – Olive oil
1/2 cup – Coriander leaves
- On medium flame, dry roast flax seeds for 2 minutes. keep it aside.
- On medium flame, dry roast oats for 5 minutes. Keep it aside.
- Grind it into a fine powder.
- In a grinder add roasted flax seeds and oats.
- In a blender, add washed and cleaned spinach leaves (no stems), ginger chopped, green chilly chopped, cumin seeds, carom seeds, and little water.
- Blend it into a smooth paste. Keep it aside.
- In a bowl, add the roasted flour mixture, add turmeric powder, baking soda and salt.
- Now mix all the dry ingredients.
- Add the spinach paste into the roasted flour mixture.
- Mix well. Keep it aside.
- For the topping: In a frying pan, add olive oil on medium flame. Add onion chopped, when the onions are translucent, add red bell pepper diced, yellow bell pepper diced, green chili chopped. Stir fry for 3 minutes on high flame.
- Add garam masala powder, amchur powder, and black pepper powder.
- Add diced tofu. On medium flame, stir for 3 minutes.
- Add chopped coriander leaves.
- Now Assembling: On medium flame, heat a pan and pour a little batter. Spread in the shape of a pancake.
- Put the tofu stuffing on top of the pancake.
- Add 1 tbsp of olive oil. Press with the help of a spatula. Cook this side for 4 minutes then flip.
- Now flip the pancake cook the other side for 4 minutes on medium flame.
- Flip again and take it out.
- Oats Spinach Pancake With Spicy Tofu is ready to be served.