Green peas Pulao recipe
PREP TIME 10 mins
COOK TIME 20 mins
TOTAL TIME 30 mins
COURSE Main Course
1 cup = 200 ml
- 1 cup rice
- 1.5 tsp oil
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 star anise
- 1 black cardamom
- 2 green cardamoms
- 2 cloves
- 1 green chilly
- 1 tbsp ginger grated
- 1 medium onion cut lengthwise
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala
- 1 cup green peas
- 2 cup water
- Wash and soak rice for 20 minutes. Keep aside.
- Take a pressure cooker and add oil in it. You can also use Instant Pot.
- Add cumin seeds, bay leaf, star anise, black cardamom, green cardamom, cloves, green chilli and grated ginger. Saute for a minute to make ginger slightly brown.
- Now add onion, coriander powder and garam masala. Saute until onion turns pink and translucent.
- Add green peas and saute again for couple of seconds.
- Drain water from the rice and add rice to pressure cooker.
- Pour water and add salt. Mix.
- Close the lid and let rice cook for 2 whistles.
- Off the heat and let pressure release on its own.
- Matar Pulao is ready.
- Enjoy warm.
To cook green peas pulav in instant pot, read the beginning of the post.