You won’t believe how quickly this Easy Vegetable Lasagna Recipe comes together!Packed with veggies, this easy vegetarian lasagna recipe is a staple recipe your family will beg you to make time and again!
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time1 hr
Total Time1 hr 20 mins
Course: Main Course
- 13 x 9 Casserole Dish
- Oil Mister
- 1 pound zucchini trimmed and sliced thin lengthwise
- 9 ounces fresh spinach chopped
- 24 ounces ricotta cheese
- 3 ounces parmesan rennet free (vegetarian)
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ¼ cup fresh basil
- ¼ cup fresh parsley
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 24 ounces marinara
- 12 ounces part-skim mozzarella
- 12 ounces gluten free lasagna noodles cooked according to package directions
- Heat a skillet to medium heat and spray with oil. Season zucchini strips with salt and pepper. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes. (The cooking time will vary according to how thinly you slice your zucchini.) Remove from heat and set aside.
- Spray the pan again and add the spinach. Cook until the spinach wilts. Transfer to a plate lined with a clean towel and squeeze out excess moisture.
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine ricotta cheese, Parmesan, egg, garlic, basil, parsley and crushed red pepper. Stir in spinach and season with salt and pepper.
- Coat a 13 x 9 casserole dish with cooking spray and spread ½ cup of the Marinara on the bottom.
- Top with a layer of noodles, a layer of zucchini, ½ of the ricotta mixture and mozzarella.
- Spread ⅓ of the remaining marinara and repeat the layers.
- End with a layer of noodles, marinara and remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake for 30 minutes. Allow to cool for 15 minutes prior to serving.
Make It Vegan:
Use vegan ricotta, Parmesan, and mozzarella. Most pasta is vegan but double check!
Make it Keto / Low Carb:
Make sure all of your cheeses are full fat. Marinara should be sugar-free. Omit the lasagna noodles and use zucchini in place of it. To do this, use a mandolin, food processor, or very sharp knife to cut zucchini into ribbons. Bake the ribbons in a 350 degree oven for 5 minutes, and then transfer to paper towels to absorb any extra moisture. Use the prepared zucchini ribbons in place of the lasagna.
Calories: 317kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 65mg | Sodium: 364mg | Potassium: 319mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 2690IU | Vitamin C: 14.7mg | Calcium: 456mg | Iron: 1.2mg
Leave a Reply