- author: CARRIE FORREST, MPH IN NUTRITION
- total time: 10 MINUTES
- yield: 2
- diet: VEGAN
Start your day with this bright and tangy Ginger Lemon Shot. This recipe is easy to make, and is high in vitamin C to boost the immune system. You only need a few simple ingredients to make this healthy juice that you can take as a wellness shot.
- 2 naval oranges, peeled and chopped into large slices
- 1 lemon, with the peel cut off and cut into quarters
- 1 1-inch piece of fresh ginger, with the peel cut off
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- pinch of ground turmeric
- Gather your ingredients and cut the peel off the oranges, lemon, and ginger.
- Feed the orange slices, lemon slices, and ginger through your juicer. Pour the juice into a jar and stir in the apple cider vinegar.
- Or, if you want to make this recipe in a blender, combine the peeled and chopped oranges, lemon, and ginger in the pitcher of a blender and blend for 30 seconds. You may need to add 1/4 of water to help the ingredients blend smoothly. Then, strain the blended mixture through a nut milk bag to help filter the pulp. Pour the juice into a jar and stir in the apple cider vinegar.
- To serve the immunity shot, pour it into a small glass and sprinkle the top with the ground turmeric and ground cayenne pepper.
- You can make this recipe in a juicer or a blender.
- Store any leftovers in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 48 hours. This juice is best served immediately after making it.
- Feel free to use lemon juice or lime juice in this wellness shot.
- If you also want to add some live probiotics, feel free to stir in a tablespoon or two of kombucha just before serving. The probiotics have health benefits including gut health.
- You can drink this juice as part of your daily routine, not just during flu season.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Juice
- Method: Juicer
- Cuisine: Healthy
Serves 2Calories Per Serving: 46
% DAILY VALUE
0%Total Fat 0.2gSaturated Fat 0g0%Cholesterol 0mg0%Sodium 1.6mg4%Total Carbohydrate 10.8g1%Dietary Fiber 0.3gSugars 7.9g1%Protein 0.7g1%Vitamin A 8.6µg58%Vitamin C 52.3mg1%Calcium 11.6mg3%Magnesium 11.7mg