- Author: Verna
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- Diet: Vegan
Garlic and Balsamic Roasted Mushrooms: Fresh mushrooms coated in a tangy garlic marinade and baked in the oven to savoury juicy perfection! Easy 30 minute recipe! Vegan!
- 2 lbs ( 908 grams) of mushrooms, white, brown, button or Cremini
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter, I like Earth balance
- 5 cloves of garlic, chopped small
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasonings
- 3 tablespoons Tamari, or you could use low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped, or other fresh herbs like basil, cilantro, or dill (optional)
- pinch of course salt and black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400° Line a large baking sheet with parchment and set aside
- Melt the vegan butter in a small bowl and whisk in the rest of the marinade ingredients: garlic, Italian seasoning, nutritional yeast, Tamari, balsamic and maple syrup. Set aside.
- Add the raw mushrooms to a large bowl. Pour over the marinade and mix well but gently.
- Using a large slotted spoon remove the mushrooms and spread evenly on the baking sheet. Reserve the excess marinade at the bottom of the bowl and return it to the small bowl to reheat later.
- Bake the mushrooms for 20 minutes or until tender. Remove from the oven and add to a serving dish. Heat the reserved marinade slightly in the microwave, 30 seconds or so. (You want the garlic to still be fresh tasting) Drizzle evenly on the top of roasted mushrooms. Garnish with chopped parsley or any fresh herbs if you like and a tiny pinch of course salt and black pepper.
- Serve as a side dish or a vegan main course with mashed potatoes , scalloped potatoes, or a healthy cauliflower mash and some grilled asparagus. YUM!
- these mushrooms are great chopped on a veggie pizza! SO GOOD!
- love these along side a bowl of my vegan mac and cheese!
- delicious chopped on avocado toast too! mmm
Serves 4Serving Size: 1Calories Per Serving: 104
% DAILY VALUE
2% Total Fat 1.5g 6% Total Carbohydrate 16.7g 8% Dietary Fiber 2.3g Sugars 7.5g 18% Protein 9g