- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 12 Regular muffins or 6 jumbo muffins
- Diet: Vegan
Muffins! Classic quick and easy 1 bowl recipe for vegan blueberry muffins. Fluffy moist tall bakery style vegan blueberry muffin you’ll want every morning! Makes 6 jumbo muffins or a dozen regular size. Gluten-free, oil free option included!
- 3/4 cup unsweetened plant milk, I use oat milk*
- 1/3 cup oil, I use grapeseed oil*
- 1/4 cup plain vegan yogurt, or use more plant milk
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped (highly recommended)
- zest of one lemon*
- 2 cups all purpose flour, use gluten free if needed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 and 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries*
- Preheat oven to 375° grease a 12 cup muffin pan or 6 cup jumbo muffin pan with cooking oil spray. If using cupcake liners spray lightly with oil for easy muffin removal
- Whisk together wet ingredients in a large mixing bowl
- Add the dry ingredients on top starting with the flour then sprinkle the baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, over the flour. Mix with a wooden spoon until completely combined but do not over mix.
- Gently Fold in the blueberries. Evenly divide the muffin batter between the muffin cups using a measuring cup or an ice cream scoop. Top with a few extra blueberries and a sprinkle of sugar if you like.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. For jumbo muffins bake 28-30 minutes, check with toothpick as well. Let cool for a couple of minutes in pan then remove to a cooling rack. Enjoy!
- Serve room temperature, cold or slightly warm I like mine with a little vegan butter😊 For step by step photos, FAQ, Tips and more recipes see above post
- Originally published august 2019. This recipe is new and improved, it has been updated with better instructions, photos and a few tweaks to the recipe.
- To store and freeze: Muffins can be stored in a covered container on counter for 2-3 days or in the fridge for up to 5 days. I recommend adding a piece of paper towel as they are very moist. To freeze them wrap individually in cling wrap and place in freezer bag or container. Simply thaw at room temperature first.
- Plant milk: use whatever kind you like, almond milk, soy etc,..
- Frozen blueberries: I almost always use frozen blueberries. Add them straight from the freezer into the muffin batter! Of course fresh is great too if you have them.
- For oil free muffins: use apple sauce in place of oil
- For gluten free muffins: use a gluten free flour blend in place of all purpose flour such as Bobs’ Red Mill.
- For extra lemony blueberry muffins: add more zest and 1 teaspoon of lemon extract
- For chocolate chip muffins: substitute chocolate chips for blueberries!
- For huckleberry muffins: swap out the blueberries for huckleberries, mmm yum!!
Serving Size: 1
Calories Per Serving: 186