Light, crispy and loaded with fresh vegetables, these vegan vegetable fritters are a perfect afternoon, finger-food snack for the kids or a light main dish for the whole family. 15-minutes to heaven!
Course: SnackCuisine: AllDiet: Vegan, Vegetarian Prep Time: 10 minutesCook Time: 5 minutesTotal Time: 15 minutes Servings: 12 fritters Calories: 31kcal Author: Deborah
- ▢1 cup 94 g grated carrot
- ▢1 cup 129.5 g grated zucchini
- ▢1/2 rounded cup 77 g fresh or frozen sweet corn
- ▢1 cup 193.5 g grated baked potato (pressed firmly into cup)
- ▢2 tbsp 20.5 g spelt flour or gluten-free flour to make fritters gluten-free
- ▢1 heaping tsp 8 g minced garlic
- ▢1-2 tsp olive oil up to 8 g
- ▢1/4 tsp 0.5 g smoked paprika
- ▢1/2 tsp 1 g ground cumin
- ▢2 generous pinches of dried parsley
- ▢1 tbsp 7.5 g nutritional yeast
- ▢sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Place grated zucchini in a bowl with a few sprinkles of sea salt. Mix with hands and let sit for 10 minutes. Remove zucchini from bowl with hands and squeeze out excess liquid over sink. If you skip this step the fritters will have too much moisture and not get very crispy.
- Spray a thin layer of cooking spray into a non-stick pan. Begin to heat over medium-high flame.
- Add all grated veggies and dry ingredients to a bowl. Pour in a teaspoon (or two) of olive oil and with your hands, mix until well-incorporated.
- Using an ice-cream scoop or your fingers, scoop out batter in mounds, roll into balls, then pat gently, flattening with your hands. Place 4 at a time in skillet keeping them 1-2 inches apart and fry for 2 To 4 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- Line a plate with paper towels. When fritters are crispy, remove with spatula and place on plate and blot excess oil from top. Fritters will harden as they cool.
- Top with parsley or scallions and your favorite dressing or vegan sour cream.
- Take care not to make fritter patties too thin. Doing so will cause them to fall apart.
- If you’re looking for fritters that are crispy throughout like a potato chip, this is not the recipe for you. My vegan vegetable fritters are crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.
- For best results, don’t skip squeezing the moisture out of zucchini.
- Store in an air-tight container in your refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Serving: 1fritter | Calories: 31kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 10mg | Potassium: 147mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1837IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 7mg | Iron: 1mg