This easy and flavorful tortilla pie has layers of corn tortillas, dairy-free cheese, vegan taco meat, corn, olives, and tangy enchilada sauce. Endlessly versatile and open to substitions with your favorite veggies, beans, cheese. Serve with your favorite toppings like guacamole, sour cream, and cilantro.
Vegan, gluten-free, and oil-free; be sure to check labels for allergens.
Servings: 5 servings
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 22 mins
Total Time: 37 mins
- pie plate
- medium saucepan
- 7 corn tortillas
- 2 cups enchilada sauce – Check labels for allergens, as needed.
- 2 cups vegan taco meat – Sub store-bought vegan crumbles, if desired. See Notes.
- ½ large onion, chopped
- 1 cup corn kernels, thawed if using frozen
- ½ cup sliced black olives
- ½ batch vegan queso fresco – Or 1 ½ cups shredded vegan cheese.
For serving (optional):
- vegan sour cream
Prevent your screen from going dark
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 C). In a medium saucepan heat the enchilada sauce until just warm to the touch.
- Place 4 of the tortillas in the warm sauce. Use your hands to submerge them, ensuring both sides are coated. Pick up one tortilla, allowing excess sauce to drip back into the pan. Place tortilla in a 9-inch deep dish pie plate (or similar size skillet), toward the side. Repeat with remaining 3 tortillas so that the entire bottom of the plate is covered. (See photos above in post.)
- Sprinkle about half of the taco meat, onion, corn, olives, and cheese on top of the tortillas.
- Place the remaining 3 tortillas in the sauce, and repeat the the process, creating another layer on top of the meat and veggies. Sprinkle with the remaining taco meat, veggies, and cheese. Pour remaining enchilada sauce evenly on top.
- Bake for 20 to 23 minutes or until hot. Let stand 5 minutes, then slice and serve with your favorite toppings.
If using store-bought vegan beefy crumbles, crumbled tofu, or other homemade veggie ground for the seasoned taco meat, I recommend first sautéing it with taco seasoning. Store-bought seasoning blend is fine, or use the homemade blend mentioned in this Taco Bowl post.
This lentil taco meat is also a great option.
Leftover tortilla pie will keep in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat in the microwave or oven.
Estimated Nutrition (per serving)
Calories: 300kcalCarbohydrates: 35gProtein: 12gFat: 15gSaturated Fat: 1gFiber: 7gSugar: 5g
Leave a Reply