This easy vegan strawberry bread mixes up in minutes and is made with real strawberries! Virtually fat-free but you wouldn’t know so from the taste. Perfectly moist yet with a good crumb, make this pretty flavorful quick bread today.
PREP TIME10 minutes
COOK TIME1 hour
TOTAL TIME1 hour 10 minutes
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1.5 tsp vanilla extract
- 15oz frozen strawberries (425g)
- 1 large banana
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 350F (180C).
- Add the balsamic vinegar to the milk and put aside.
- Weigh the frozen strawberries and zap on high in the microwave for 6 minutes in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Add the vanilla extract and peeled banana, broken into 3-4 chunks, to the bowl of your food processor or blender, whichever you’re using.
- Mix the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together in a large mixing bowl.
- When the microwave beeps, add the strawberries to the banana and vanilla extract and process until smooth.
- Pour in the vinegar and plant-based milk and pulse 2-3 times to mix.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and add the wet ingredients. Stir, scraping the sides and the bottom to pick up any pockets of flour, until just incorporated.
- Pour into a lightly greased standard loaf tin (you can use a little canola oil, sunflower oil, or vegan oil for greasing) and place it in the oven on the shelf below the middle shelf.
- Leave in the oven for forty minutes, then remove and loosely cover with tin foil to prevent the crust burning, and return for a further 20 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and leave to cool fully in the pan before removing. You can gently loosen the sides with a knife and then turn the pan upside down and it should fall right out.
1) Use any plant-based milk, although soy milk is my favorite for baking as it gives a softer crumb.
2) Your plant-based milk should be sugar-free ideally, but as it’s a small amount you can use regular sweetened in a pinch, just reduce the sugar by a tablespoon.
3) Be exact with measuring your strawberries. You can have a little less (up to 30grams/1 oz) but not more.
1Amount Per ServingCalories126Total Fat0gSaturated Fat0gTrans Fat0gUnsaturated Fat0gCholesterol0mgSodium279mgCarbohydrates29gFiber1gSugar15gProtein2g