PREP TIME 16 mins
COOK TIME 12 mins
CALORIES 328 kcal
For cooking pasta
- 3/4 cup dried pasta 100 grams, 4oz
- water for cooking pasta
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- few drops of oil
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small zucchini diced
- 1 small carrot diced
- 1 medium green bell pepper cubed
- 1 medium red bell pepper cubed
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper
- 1 small red onion cubed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 cup boiled corn kernels
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons dried herbs basil, oregano, parsely etc
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon maple or sugar
- 2 tablespoons pasta cooked water
- salt to taste
- Let’s begin with dicing vegetables. Rinse and dice the veggies as you prefer. Here I have used 1 small green zucchini, 1 small carrot, around 1.5 cups cubed colored bell peppers, 1 small red onion and 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved.
Heat a large cast iron skillet or pan with 1 teaspoon olive oil. Spread the oil well. Place the chopped vegetables as single layer and set the heat to medium.
Roast the vegetables in medium heat for 6-7 minutes or until they char to your preference.
- While the vegetables are roasting, cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain the cooked pasta and rinse under cold water. Reserve 2 tablespoons of pasta cooked water for dressing.
- Combine all the ingredients mentioned under dressing in a small bowl. Add pasta cooked water.
Whisk well until everything is combined.
Vegan Pasta salad
- Place the roasted vegetables in a large bowl.
Add cooked pasta. Pour the prepared dressing and toss well. You can serve this immedietly or chill for few hours and serve pasta salad cold.
Serving: 3gCalories: 329kcal