prep time: 6 MINUTES
cook time: 6 MINUTES
additional time: 8 MINUTES
total time: 20 MINUTES
Mushroom Risotto – quick, easy & healthy, yes please!!! If you think making Risotto takes forever, enjoy this warm comforting bowl of rich and creamy Instant Pot Mushroom Risotto minus all the stirring and babysitting. Ready in less than 20 minutes, you will want to make this again and again
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 2.5 cups broth
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon Italian herbs
- 1/4 cup peas
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 tablespoon oil
- First gather and prepare the ingredients. Dice the onions, mince the garlic, slice the mushrooms if not already sliced, chop the parsley, thaw the peas, wash the rice and spinach thoroughly.
- Press the Saute button on the Instant Pot and pour the oil into the pot.
- Once the oil is hot, throw in the onions and garlic and saute for a couple minutes.
- Now add in the mushrooms and saute until the mushroom leave the moisture. This typically takes 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the rice, toast it for a minute, followed by the broth. My broth already had salt in it so I didn’t add any more salt. Or else adjust the salt to your taste.
- Cover the lid, seal the vent and pressure on high for 6 minutes. Press the manual or pressure button and set the time to 6 minutes.
- Once the timer beeps, release the pressure by changing the vent to venting mode.
- Once all the pressure is release open the lid toss in the spinach and peas and stir for a couple minutes.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve in bowls.