To make your own chicken stock, click here. For some heat, adding Momofuku Chili Crunch to this, I think, would be amazing. We love these frozen dumplings.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time20 mins
Course: Appetizer or Main
Keyword: dumpling soup, mandu soup, wonton soup
- 2 quarts chicken broth
- 3 to 4 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 to 2 tablespoons freshly grated ginger
- frozen dumplings
- 1 heaping tablespoon sesame oil + more if needed
- green onions diced
- Using a large pot, bring the chicken broth, soy sauce and grated ginger to a boil. After boiling for a few minutes, carefully add in your frozen dumplings. Let the dumplings cook for about 4 minutes, or until warmed through. Turn off the heat.
- Drizzle the sesame oil over the top and scatter the diced green onions over the top as well. Serve and enjoy immediately.
You can easily add vegetables to this broth as well: baby bok choy, spinach, broccoli etc. If adding, add the vegetables after the dumplings. Be careful with spinach; it only needs a minute or 2. Spinach wilts down very fast.