A delicious chickpea salad with veggies and a mild yet flavorful dressing. This is a basic vegan and gluten free salad with chickpeas which you can build in so many ways. In this salad, chickpeas are combined with crispy cucumbers, tomatoes, strawberries and all tossed in a super flavorful lemon dressing! Perfect summer side dish!
PREP TIME 15 mins
COOK TIME 15 mins
TOTAL TIME 30 mins
COURSE Salad, Side Dish
CALORIES 253 kcal
1 CUP = 250 ml
- 1 cup chickpeas around 2 cups cooked
- 1/4 cup onions chopped
- 1/4 cup cucumbers cubed
- 1/4 cup green peppers cubed
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 12 strawberries sliced
For chickpea salad dressing
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tableespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black peppercorns
- 2 green chilies, finely sliced
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- salt to taste
- Prep your veggies first by rinsing, peeling if needed and combine them in a bowl. I have used sliced strawberries, cubed cucumbers, onions, halved salad tomatoes and green peppers.
- Add cooked chickpeas to the veggies.
- In a small bowl combine the ingredients for dressing. I have used extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, finely chopped green chilies, freshly cracked peppercorns, brown sugar and salt.
- Pour the dressing over the prepped salad and toss well.
- Serve chickpea salad as side with your favorite grilled dishes or as main meal with a piece of bread.
- Instead of lemon juice you can add orange juice.
- The recipe can be doubled.
Serving: 3gCalories: 253kcalCarbohydrates: 24gProtein: 6gFat: 16gSaturated Fat: 2gSodium: 9mgPotassium: 348mgFiber: 6gSugar: 9gVitamin A: 196IUVitamin C: 46mgCalcium: 45mgIron: 2mg