- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 can (15 oz) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (14 oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (14 oz) full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Fresh cilantro leaves, chopped (optional)
- Cooked rice or naan bread, for serving
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the diced onion and cook for 5-6 minutes, until softened.
- Add the minced garlic and grated ginger, and cook for 1-2 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add the curry powder, cumin, coriander, turmeric, and cayenne pepper (if using) to the saucepan. Stir to combine and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the chickpeas, diced tomatoes, coconut milk, and salt to the saucepan. Stir to combine and bring to a simmer.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer the curry for 15-20 minutes, until thickened and the flavors have melded together.
- Taste the curry and adjust the seasoning with more salt, if needed.
- Serve the chickpea curry hot, with cooked rice or naan bread. Garnish with fresh cilantro leaves, if desired.
Enjoy your delicious vegan Chickpea Curry!
Leave a Reply