CourseAppetizer / Snack, Dessert
Keywordair fryer desserts, air fryer donuts, Air Fryer Recipes
Prep Time10 minutes
Cook Time6 minutes
- Air Fryer
- mixing bowl
- Measuring Spoons, Measuring Cups, Stirring Spoon,
- Pastry Brush
- 1 inch cookie cutter
- 1 can Jumbo Biscuits with 8 biscuits in it
- 1/2 stick / 4 tbsp Butter unsalted
For Sugar Glazed Donuts
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1-2 tsp Water
- Sugar Sprinkles of choice
- Edible Food Color of your choice
For Cinnamon Sugar or Churro Donuts
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon powder
For Chocolate Glazed Donuts
- 1/4 cup Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 cup Heavy cream
ALWAYS READ THE COMPLETE RECIPE BEFORE STARTING. GATHER INGREDIENTS. ALSO ALWAYS READ THE NOTES FOR MORE OPTIONS AND TIPS. ALSO WATCH THE COMPLETE VIDEO.
- Preheat the Air Fryer to 360*F.
- Open the can of biscuits. There will be 8 biscuits inside. Separate them and set aside.
- Using a spoon or 1inch cookie cutter, make 1inch holes in the middle of biscuits that resemble like donuts. These 1inch holes will be our AIR FRYER DONUT HOLES or Munchkins. Set these aside. I made 6 large donuts out of 8 biscuits and used the other 2 biscuits to make more DONUT HOLES.
- Take the air fryer basket and grease it lightly to avoid the sticking at the bottom.
- Place 4-6 donuts in the air fryer basket depending upon the size of the air fryer. My air fryer basket could fit 6 together.
- Air fry these donuts for 5-6 minutes till they are golden brown. Do flip these over after 3 minutes for even cooking from both the sides.
- Meanwhile the donuts are air frying melt the butter.
- Take the air fried donuts out. Brush them liberally with melted butter from all the sides. Let them cool down to the room temperature.
- As the donuts are cooling, prepare the SIMPLE SUGAR GLAZE and then sprinkle them with colorful sprinkles on top.
How to make CHURRO DONUT HOLES in air fryer?
- Place the donut holes in pre heated air fryer basket. And air fry these for 3 minutes in total. You can shake the basket a bit at 2 minutes. When done take these out and coat them well in melted butter. and then roll them immediately in cinnamon sugar while still hot. They will be done in no time. Churro mix recipe given below.
How to make Simple Sugar Glaze for Donuts?
- For donuts, you need thick sugar glaze that can stick well.
- Take a bowl and add powdered sugar to it. Also add vanilla extract and 2-3 drops of desired edible color to it. Start mixing with spoon. Add a very tiny bit of water to it at a time. Mix and make a thick paste.
- For this recipe, I divide the powdered sugar in 4 small bowls. And then added vanilla extract and 1 color in each bowl. Mixed with a spoon and added 1/2 tsp water or less as needed to make thick glaze.
How to make Cinnamon Sugar for Donuts?
- There is no rocket science recipe to it. Mix granular sugar and cinnamon together and set aside. Make sure that these 2 are mixed very well with each other. If you are rolling your donuts in cinnamon sugar, then do it while these are still warm.
How to make Chocolate Glaze Donuts?
- Heat chocolate chips and cream in a microwave safe bowl for 30 seconds. Take out the bowl and whisk the chocolate and cream together with a fork till ganche becomes glossy and smooth. It is ready. Let it cool down a bit before pouring over the cakes.
What can I use to substitute canned Biscuits dough for Donut Holes?
- American Biscuits are buttery and flakey Breakfast bread. If you don’t find it, then you can use regular bread dough (either home made or store bought). Cut it out into 1 inch rounds. Air fry! Dip in melted butter and roll In cinnamon sugar.
Serving: 8people | Calories: 152kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 4mg | Potassium: 9mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 29g | Vitamin A: 112IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 8mg | Iron: 1mg
Leave a Reply