- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon Madras curry powder
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger, divided
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cups chopped green cabbage
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 6 cups lower-sodium chicken broth
- 8 ounces Yukon Gold potatoes, unpeeled, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Fresh cilantro leaves for garnish
- Step 1Combine chicken thighs, curry powder and 1 tablespoon ginger in a medium bowl; rub the seasonings into the chicken. Let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Step 2Meanwhile, heat oil in a large Dutch oven or large pot over medium-high heat. Add cabbage and carrots; cook, stirring often, until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the remaining 1 tablespoon ginger; cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add broth, potatoes, salt and the seasoned chicken; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium to maintain a simmer; cover and cook, undisturbed, until the potatoes are tender and the chicken shreds easily with a fork, about 15 minutes.
- Step 3Remove the chicken to a cutting board and, using 2 forks, shred it into bite-size pieces; return to the soup. Stir in peas and lemon juice. Garnish with cilantro, if desired.
- Serving Size: 2 cups Per Serving:
328 calories; protein 27g; carbohydrates 25g; dietary fiber 6g; sugars 6g; fat 14g; saturated fat 3g; mono fat 8g; poly fat 2g; cholesterol 104mg; vitamin a iu 6123IU; vitamin b3 niacin 6mg; vitamin c 37mg; vitamin d iu 6IU; vitamin e iu 3IU; folate 59mg; vitamin k 73mg; sodium 720mg; calcium 102mg; iron 3mg; magnesium 45mg; phosphorus 243mg; potassium 516mg; zinc 2mg; omega 6 fatty acid 2g; niacin equivalents 10mg; selenium 23mcg.
Leave a Reply