- 2 cucumber large
- 3 tomatoes ripe
- 1 avocado optional
- 1 red onion
For the dressing
- 4 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¾ tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp. dried herbs
- Cut cucumbers into thin rounds. Cut tomatoes into one eights and same for avocados (if using). Finely slice the red onion.
- Take all the dressing elements into a bowl and mix well. Adjust sugar and salt as per taste.
- Pour the dressing over the cut vegetables and mix well.
- Marinate for 2 hours covered. Serve chilled.
- Your delicious tomato and cucumber salad is ready to serve.
- 1. Use only fresh green cucumber and ripe tomatoes.2. You can use any herbs that you like.3. Marinating the salad in the dressing makes it very flavourful.4. Serve the salad chilled.5. You can store leftovers in the fridge for a day but not too long as it does taste best fresh. 6. You can also use a tsp. of chopped fresh herbs like dill, cilantro or basil. 7. You could use balsamic vinegar or apple cider vinegar in place of red wine vinegar. They taste equally good.
- Calories: 172kcal Carbohydrates: 9g Protein: 2g Fat: 15g Saturated Fat: 2g Sodium: 245mg Potassium: 271mg Fiber: 2g Sugar: 4g Vitamin A: 155IU Vitamin C: 8mg Calcium: 59mg Iron: 2mg
Leave a Reply