- 2 medium potatoes 400 grams
- ▢2 medium carrots 12 grams
- ▢1/2 cup green peas
- ▢3/4 cup green beans chopped
- ▢1 teaspoon ginger chopped
- ▢1 green chili chopped
- ▢1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- ▢1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- ▢1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- ▢1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- ▢1.25 cups bread crumbs divided, I used panko bread crumbs
- ▢1/4 cup cornstarch
- ▢1/4 cup all purpose flour
- ▢1/2 cup water
- ▢3-4 tablespoons oil to cook the cutlets, I used avocado oil
- First, peel and then chop the potatoes into 1/2 inch pieces. Cut carrots into rounds and also chop the beans into small pieces.Place all the veggies along with green peas on a steamer basket. Steam until they are cooked but not mushy. I used steaming basket and steamed in Instant for 2 minutes (with 1 cup water in main pot) and let the pressure release naturally. You can steam them using a stove-top steamer as well.
- Transfer all steamed veggies into a bowl and then mash using a potato masher.Then add chopped ginger, green chili, black pepper, cumin powder, garam masala and salt.
- Add 1/2 cup breadcrumbs (I used panko bread crumbs) and mix until everything is well combined.
- Take a small round portion from the mix and then give it a round shape. I used a round cookie cutter to make them even and got 9 culets, of around 60 grams each. You can shape these in any way you like- oval, heart shape etc.
- To a bowl add cornstarch, flour and water and mix to form a smooth paste.
- Take one prepared cutlet and dip it in prepared cornstarch-flour paste.
- Take the remaining 3/4 cup breadcrumbs in a plate and then roll the cutlet into it after dipping in the cornstarch-flour paste. Make sure both sides are well coated with the breadcrumbs.
- Heat 3 to 4 tablespoons of oil in a pan on medium heat. Once the oil is hot, add the prepared cutlet onto the pan.Fry for 4 to 5 minutes, then flip the cutlets and fry the other side as well until both sides turn golden-brown in color. Serve with cilantro chutney or ketchup.
Calories: 181kcalCarbohydrates: 29gProtein: 4gFat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 1gSodium: 270mgPotassium: 319mgFiber: 3gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 2392IUVitamin C: 15mgCalcium: 45mgIron: 2mg