Crispy Baked Tofu with Cornstarch
PREP TIME 45minutes mins
COOK TIME 40minutes mins
TOTAL TIME 1hour hr 25minutes mins
- 1 (16 ounce) package package of extra firm tofu drained and pressed
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Montreal Steak Spice
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil divided
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Pinch Himalayan sea salt To taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a bowl, toss the cubed tofu, garlic powder, steak spice, half of the sunflower oil, and corn starch. Toss well to combine and make sure all pieces of the tofu are coated.
- Cover a large baking sheet with parchment paper, and spread 1 tbsp of oil on the surface of the parchment paper. Place the tofu on the baking sheet, spacing the pieces to they don’t touch.
- Place tofu in oven and bake for 20 minutes. Flip tofu to the other side, and bake for an additional 20 minutes until tofu is crispy and beginning to brown.
- Remove tofu from the oven, sprinkle with some salt while it is still hot, and serve!
Calories: 151kcal Carbohydrates: 8g Protein: 9g Fat: 9g Saturated Fat: 1g Polyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 6gSodium: 74mgPotassium: 209mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 4IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 47mgIron: 2mg