This creamy vegan gnocchi soup is full of flavour and has a velvety texture that will make everyone reach for seconds. It’s also very easy to make in one pot, so you can cozy up with a bowl of comfort in just 30 minutes.
PREP TIME 5 minutes
COOK TIME 25 minutes
TOTAL TIME 30 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 2 celery stalks, finely diced
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- ½ tablespoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon red chilli flakes
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 x 400 g (14 oz) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 500 g (17.6 oz) vegan gnocchi
- ½ x 400 ml (13.5 fl oz) can full fat coconut milk
- 100 g cavolo nero, stems removed and shredded
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Heat the olive oil in a large pot and add the onion and celery stalks. Cook on medium heat for 7-8 minutes stirring occasionally.
Add the garlic, rosemary, thyme and red chilli flakes and continue to cook for another minute, stirring frequently.
Stir in the flour and continue to cook for another 30 seconds.
Next, stir in the chickpeas and vegetable stock. Bring to a simmer and add the gnocchi.
Simmer for 5-10 minutes or according to the instructions on the gnocchi package. Stir in the coconut milk and cook for a couple more minutes to allow it to heat through.
Stir in the cavolo nero and simmer for 2-3 minutes until it wilts. Season to taste and serve immediately.
SERVING SIZE: 1
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 527TOTAL FAT: 17gSATURATED FAT: 10gTRANS FAT: 0gUNSATURATED FAT: 5gCHOLESTEROL: 37mgSODIUM: 1080mgCARBOHYDRATES: 79gFIBER: 8gSUGAR: 7gPROTEIN: 16g
Nutritional information is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator