Creamy Mushroom and Thyme Sauce with Bacon – Gluten-free and low-carb side dish and/or sauce. Perfect side dish for grilled meats.
PREP TIME10 mins
COOK TIME20 mins
TOTAL TIME30 mins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 oz white mushrooms , sliced
- 5 slices bacon , cooked, chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet on medium heat. Add sliced mushrooms (without salting – to ensure they mushrooms get caramelized) and cook on medium heat for about 3 minutes flipping once.
- Add chopped cooked bacon to the skillet.
- Add heavy creamy, ⅛ teaspoon salt and snipped fresh thyme, bring to boil, stir, immediately reduce to simmer and simmer for about 2 minutes on very low heat for flavors to blend and sauce to reduce a bit. Taste and add more salt if needed.
Creamy Mushroom Sauce with Bacon and Thyme
Amount per Serving
% Daily Value*
The nutritional information on this website is only an estimate and is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed. It should not be used as a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.