3 tbsp vegan butter
3 tbsp nutritional yeast
1 tbsp vegan butter/avocado/olive oil
1/2 tsp salt + more to taste
1/4 tsp pepper + more to taste
10 ounces pasta of choice
3 cups baby portabella mushrooms, washed & quartered
fresh parsley, for garnishing
Alfredo Style Sauce
2 heaping cups cauliflower florets
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup unsweetened dairy-free yogurt
2 cups plant milk
- Make the sauce first. In a medium-large skillet over medium heat, melt the vegan butter. Add the cauliflower florets and minced garlic. Cover and saute until the cauliflower is soft, tossing occasionally- about 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil the pasta according to package directions in a separate pot with salted water.
- Add the washed and quartered mushrooms to another medium skillet with 1 tablespoon of vegan butter or avocado/olive oil. Heat over medium heat and saute until they start to turn golden and slightly start to crisp. Toss occasionally.
- Add the dairy-free yogurt, plant milk, nutritional yeast, salt and pepper to the sauce skillet with the cauliflower. Stir to combine. Pour all of the sauce ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth and creamy and no large chunks of cauliflower are left. Poor it back into the skillet and heat over medium heat until it thickens and starts to bubble- about another 5-10 minutes. Add more salt & pepper to taste.
- Drain and rinse the pasta and add it to the sauce skillet, toss to coat the pasta.
- You can either serve the pasta in bowls first and then top with the mushrooms or you can toss the mushrooms in the skillet with the pasta and sauce. Top with fresh parsley and vegan parmesan cheese if desired. ENJOY