Ingredients (make 20 rolls):
- 1 Puff Pastry Sheet (because this is the quick method, making your own takes a while)
- 150 gr Vegan Spread Cheese
- 1 Courgette, grated (or 2 small)
- Smoked Paprika, Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a food processer shred the courgettes as shown in the picture below.
2.Transfer them in a microwave friendly dish…
… and microwave with a pinch of salt for 7 minutes at 750-800 W.
3. In the meantime unroll the puff pastry and spread over an uniform layer of “cheese”.
4. Once courgette is cooked, distribute it evenly over the cheese layer and season with some pepper and paprika.
5. Roll up the pastry from the longest end making sure that, as you roll, it is tight and firm.
6. Press together the ends of the pastry with your thumbs and cut pieces of around 1 centimeter. (If you need to store them in the fridge make sure to wrap the entire roll in some film before cutting it. This way it can last up to 2 days).
7. Arrange the bites on a baking tray making sure there is at least 1 centimeter between each one (to prevent them sticking together after they puff out) and bake at 180° for 15-20 minutes.
Rolls are perfect both warm or at room temperature.