PREP TIME 30 mins
COOK TIME 30 mins
COURSE Main Course
- 2 medium Medium White Onion Diced (520g)
- 6 medium carrots Diced 1cm sized peices (640g)
- 10 small Potatoes dice in 1cm cubes approx (1050g)
- 4 medium Celery Celery stalks with greens, finely sliced (300g)
- 10 small Garlic Cloves Minced (30g)
- 4-6 tsps fresh thyme or substitute 1 tsp dried
- 4-6 tsps fresh rosemary or 2tsp dried
- 4-6 tsps fresh oregano or 2 tsps dried
- 2 tsps sea salt
- 1 tsp nutmeg ground
- 2 tsp Smoked paprika
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes more if you like it hot
- 2 litre vegetable broth or 4 veg stock cubes
- 650 grams frozen peas
- 200 grams canned coconut milk
- 100 grams vegan single cream
- 4 tbsp corn-starch or arrowroot flour
- 300 ml white wine or more vegetable broth
- 1 medium lemon juiced, without flesh or peel
- 500 g cannellini beans optional
- Add oil to medium pan and sweat the onion, saute for 2-4 mins stirring frequently
- Chop and add the celery shortly afterwards
- Add carrots, potatoes, and all the herbs and spices. Saute for further one minute.
- Add in the coconut milk
- add the vegetable stock – or you can just crumble the cubes in and add the hot water – same difference.
- Bring to boil over a high heat. Cook for about 5 minutes then add the frozen peas and cook for 15 more minutes or until veggies and peas are softened
- In a small bowl, mix corn startch with vegan heavy cream or canned coconut milk with a whisk
- Pour the milk into the stew , also add white wine (or use some more broth or plant-based milk for a creamier soup)and let simmer for a further 3-4 minutes
- Remove 6 ladles full of soup including chunks and thoroughly blend in a jug with a a stick blender – return to the pan and mix well
- Taste and adjust seasonings, add more salt and pepper and spices to taste. You can blend half of the soup with an immersion blender to make it creamier
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to three days. The soup can be frozen.
- Garnish with fresh herbs (optional) and enjoy!
- Portion up any that you have left into 325g portions in take-away containers and freeze.