For the Cake:
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, coarsely chopped
For the Glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 325°F (163°C). Grease and flour a 10-inch Bundt pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, alternating with the sour cream. Begin and end with the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined.
- Gently fold in the chopped cranberries.
- Pour the batter into the prepared Bundt pan, spreading it evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan for about 15 minutes, then transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once the cake is completely cooled, prepare the glaze. In a small bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar, orange juice, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Drizzle the glaze over the cooled cake.
- Slice, serve, and enjoy your festive Christmas Cranberry Pound Cake!