ourse: Dessert, Snack
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Servings: 20 balls
- 10 Medjool dates pitted
- 1 cup raw cashews
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips optional
- Soak the dates in boiling hot water for at least 15 minutes, then drain on a sieve. See note 1
- Place the soaked dates and raw cashews in the bowl of a food processor and pulse several times until mostly blended. You will still see tiny pieces of nuts which is fine.
- Add coconut flour, maple syrup, vanilla and salt and process until a ball of smooth, sticky dough forms.
- Add mini chocolate chips (if using) and pulse a few times. The chocolate chips are supposed to stay mostly whole so don’t overprocess. See note 2
- Form 20-22 balls using a small spoon or a small cookie scoop, then roll into balls using your fingers.
- Chill the balls in the fridge or freezer and enjoy!
Calories: 98kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 0.004g | Cholesterol: 0.3mg | Sodium: 67mg | Potassium: 137mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 23IU | Vitamin C: 0.05mg | Calcium: 14mg | Iron: 1mg
Leave a Reply