Chickpea, sweet potato and quinoa bowls are perfect for meal prep and make ahead lunches.
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
2 small sweet potato, peeled & diced
1 small cauliflower, in florets
1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 handfuls kale, torn into bite sized pieces
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp smoked paprika
Salt, to taste
300g Israeli couscous
1 tbsp hemp hearts
2 tbsp almonds, toasted & roughly chopped
1 tbsp tahini
1 small lemon juice
1 tsp dijon
1 tsp maple syrup
1 cup avocado oil
1 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
Salt + pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together vinaigrette ingredients. Set aside.
3. In a baking dish, toss bite sized pieces of sweet potato with 1 tbsp olive oil and salt. Roast for 25 minutes.
4. Remove baking dish from the oven and add cauliflower, chickpeas, remaining olive oil, garlic powder, paprika and a pinch of salt. Stir to combine. Roast for an additional 20 minutes.
5. Add kale and stir in. Roast for an another 5 minutes.
6. For the last 10 minutes while that roasts, cook couscous according to package instructions. Drain.
7. Removing baking tray from the oven. The sweet potato should be cooked, the cauliflower tender and the kale wilted and green. Stir in couscous and 1/2 or your vinaigrette. Adjust seasoning according to your personal preference.
8. Top with almonds and sprinkle with hemp hearts. Drizzle on remaining vinaigrette and enjoy!.
Serving: 1bowlCalories: 492kcalCarbohydrates: 67gProtein: 20gFat: 18gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 8gMonounsaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0.01gSodium: 553mgPotassium: 1176mgFiber: 13gSugar: 12gVitamin A: 17974IUVitamin C: 29mgCalcium: 202mgIron: 8mg