This vegan version of my Costco chicken salad is just as creamy and delicious, but totally meat-free.
- ▢2 15.5-ounce cans chickpeas about 3 ¾ cups
- ▢2 tablespoons celery minced
- ▢2 tablespoons yellow onion minced
- ▢2 tablespoons parsley
- ▢4-5 tablespoons vegan mayonnaise
- ▢2-3 teaspoons vegan Dijon mustard plus more to taste
- ▢½ teaspoon salt
- medium saucepan
- colander or fine mesh seive
- Large bowl
- potato masher or fork
- silicone spatula or spoon
- Pour both cans of chickpeas (and liquid) into medium saucepan. Simmer over medium heat for 10 minutes, then pour chickpeas into colander or sieve and drain well.
- Transfer drained chickpeas to large bowl. Using potato masher or fork, mash chickpeas until desired consistency is achieved.
- Add celery, onion, parsley, vegan mayonnaise, vegan Dijon mustard, and salt to mashed chickpeas. Stir well to thoroughly incorporate all ingredients.
- Chill chickpea salad if desired, or serve immediately on bread or in lettuce cups with preferred toppings.
- Be sure to use vegan mayonnaise and Dijon mustard without honey.
- Leftovers: Refrigerate any leftover chickpea salad in an airtight container up to 4 days.
- Nutrition Information
- Serving: 1serving, Calories: 153kcal, Protein: 5g, Fat: 8g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Sodium: 553mg, Potassium: 169mg, Total Carbs: 15g, Fiber: 5g, Sugar: 1g, Net Carbs: 10g, Vitamin A: 141IU, Vitamin C: 2mg, Calcium: 41mg, Iron: 1mg
- Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
- Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
- To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.