Chickpea Flour Pizza Crust (gluten-free & vegan)
Made with just 3 ingredients, this Chickpea Flour Pizza Crust is ideal for pizzas or flatbreads. Ready in minutes, it’s a great quick meal!
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time45 mins
- 2 cups chickpea flour
- 2 heaped tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 tablespoon dried mixed herbs
- Sea salt to taste
- 1¾ cups water
Toppings – Optional (or feel free to use your own)
- 1 cup Your favourite tomato sauce
- 1 cup your favourite vegan cheese
- Tomato slices
- Mushroom slices
- Zucchini slices
- Frozen spinach
- Fresh basil leaves
- Preheat your oven to 350°F/175°C.
- Line two large baking sheets with baking parchment.
- Add all dry ingredients to a mixing bowl and briefly stir to combine.
- Add the water ½ a cup at a time, mixing it in really thoroughly each time so as to avoid getting lumps.
- When all the water is added, leave the mixture to one side for 10 minutes to thicken.
- Divide the mixture between the baking sheets (it will be runny) and use a spoon to ensure it is evenly spread in a layer (about 5mm thickness is what you’re after).
- Bake for 13-15 minutes in the oven, until the bases are no longer liquid and are lightly browned.
- Spread a layer of tomato sauce over each pizza base, and scatter over the cheese.
- Top the pizza with the vegetables and place back in the oven to bake for another 10-12 minutes.
- Remove the pizzas and scatter with basil leaves before serving. Enjoy!
- Avoid lumpy batter – It’s very difficult to go wrong with this recipe, but my main piece of advice would be to ensure that you add the water SLOWLY as you mix the batter. You want to do this to avoid getting lumps in the mixture, as these will be harder to get out the more liquid you add.
- Spread it – Also, try as much as you can to spread the batter out in an even layer on the baking sheet, so you get an even pizza crust that isn’t wafer thin on one side and really thick on the other!
- Toppings – Feel free to add whichever toppings you prefer to the pizza – mine are just a guide. In addition to the ingredients mentioned below, I also really love using artichokes, olives and peppers.