- 250 g cooked chickpeas
- 200 g raw beets shredded
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds ground
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil
- 1 teaspoon red paprika powder
- 50 g rolled oats
- 50 g chickpea flour
- ground black pepper to taste
- salt to taste
Sauteed onion and garlic
- In a large skillet or pan heat oil over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add chopped onions and cook for a couple of minutes, or until tender, stirring frequently. Stir in the minced garlic and sauté for another 30 seconds. Remove from heat.
- Rinse and drain chickpeas very well and put them in a food processor. Add shredded beets, salt, red pepper powder, and black pepper and gently pulse to combine. The mixture should still be a little bit chunky.
- Now, transfer the mixture to a large mixing bowl. Add sauteed onion and garlic, nutritional yeast, ground pumpkin seeds, 2 tablespoons chopped chives, 2 tablespoons chopped parsley, 1 tablespoon chopped basil, rolled oats, and chickpea flour.
- Use a spoon or your hands and mix everything until well combined. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Form the mixture into 6 big patties (approximately 9 cm in diameter) or 8-9 smaller ones.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat and cook on each side for about 2-3 minutes until golden.