1 small head cauliflower
2 cups packed fresh parsley
4 cloves garlic crushed
1 chilli pepper finely diced
the juice from 1/2 lemon
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 tsp salt
2 tbsp fresh oregano
1. Turn on the barbecue to medium heat.
2. To cut the cauliflower steaks, remove the leaves from the base of the cauliflower and cut the cauliflower into 4 steaks that are each 1/2 inch thick, being sure to get a portion of the core in each one as this will hold them together.
3. In a food processor combine all of the ingredients for the chimichurri and blitz until smooth.
Brush the top side of each cauliflower with a spoonful of the chimichurri sauce and then place the steaks oiled side down on the grill.
5. Close the lid to the barbecue and let the steaks cook for 5 minutes.
6. Brush the top sides of each steak with chimichurri sauce before flipping them over and grilling for another 5 minutes.
The steaks should be tender with darkened grill marks on both sides.
8. Serve the cauliflower immediately with the chimichurri evenly spread on top.