Move over potatoes! This Keto Cauliflower Cheese Soup has all of the flavors of your favorite soup with a fraction of the carbs. Pure comfort food that never gets old!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time40 mins
Total Time55 mins
Author: Wendy Polisi
- Large Pot
- Immersion Blender
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large head cauliflower cut into florets
- ½ cup diced onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 ½ cups chicken broth
- 4 ounces cream cheese diced
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- ½ cup smoked gouda or more cheddar
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- For garnish: chives and bacon
- Heat the butter in a large pot over low heat. Add the cauliflower, onion, garlic, and thyme. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth to the pot and increase heat to high. Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender, about 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Using an immersion blender, puree the soup until very smooth. (You can also puree in batches using a blender.)
- Return the pot to medium-low heat and add the cream cheese and shredded cheeses. Cook until the cheese melts, about 5 minutes. Stir in the heavy cream and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Calories: 349.73kcal | Carbohydrates: 8.82g | Protein: 13.79g | Fat: 29.83g | Saturated Fat: 18.16g | Trans Fat: 0.15g | Cholesterol: 100.25mg | Sodium: 911.09mg | Potassium: 502.75mg | Fiber: 2.19g | Sugar: 3.57g | Vitamin A: 967.92IU | Vitamin C: 57.09mg | Calcium: 341.19mg | Iron: 1.07mg