- ▢1 large head Cauliflower 1 large head cut into medium florets
- ▢1 Bell pepper chopped into 1 inch cubes
- ▢1 Onion chopped into 1 inch cubes
- ▢4 Spring onion chopped with the greens
- ▢2 tablespoon Ginger garlic paste
- ▢2 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- ▢1 tablespoon Red chili sauce adjust based on your spice level
- ▢2 tablespoon Tomato ketchup
- ▢1 tablespoon Vinegar
- ▢1 tablespoon Corn starch dissolved in about 4 tbsps of water
- ▢1 teaspoon Toasted sesame oil
- ▢2 tablespoon Olive oil or any other cooking oil
- ▢Oil For deep frying the cauliflower. skip if using air fryer
For the batter –
- ▢¼ cup All purpose flour/Maida
- ▢3 tablespoon Corn starch
- ▢2 teaspoon Red chili sauce
- ▢Salt To taste
- ▢1 tablespoon Ginger garlic paste
- ▢Water As needed to make a thick batter
- Boil water in a large pot with enough salt. Turn off the flame and add the cauliflower florets into boiling water. Let the florets sit in the water for about 5 minutes and then drain the cauliflowers in a colander and keep aside.
- In the meantime, mix all the ingredients listed under batter and make a thick batter. Drop all the drained cauliflower florets into the batter and mix well to coat.
- Fry these florets in hot oil until golden brown and drain on paper towel. Keep aside.
- Using an Air fryer to fry the cauliflower florets –
- Preheat the air fryer at 380 F for about 3 minutes.
- Then, spray the bottom of the air fryer basket with oil (or brush with oil) and place the battered florets in a single layer. Let it air fry for about 12 to 15 minutes or until they are golden brown.
- Keep shaking the basket every 5 minutes for even frying and also to check. Depending on the size of the florets and the quantity, the frying time may vary.
- Making the Manchurian –
- In a large wok or pan, heat the sesame oil and the cooking oil. Add the chopped onions, half of the spring onions and sauté until translucent.
- Then add the ginger garlic paste and fry for a minute more.
- Then add the chopped bell peppers and sauté until slightly cooked. Make sure that the peppers still have a crunch in them.
- Now add the soy sauce, chili sauce, ketchup and vinegar and mix well.
- Let the sauces come to a boil and then add the corn starch dissolved in water. Mix well and let the sauce thicken. This takes about a minute or two.
- Now add the fried florets to the gravy and add the remaining spring onions. Mix carefully without breaking the florets and serve the Gobi Manchurian hot with fried rice!
- Calories: 233kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Sodium: 693mg | Potassium: 837mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 1139IU | Vitamin C: 148mg | Calcium: 69mg | Iron: 2mg