- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked for 2-4 hours
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups water
- Cook the elbow macaroni according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Drain and rinse the soaked cashews.
- Add the cashews, nutritional yeast, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, Dijon mustard, salt, paprika, turmeric, black pepper, and water to a blender.
- Blend the ingredients until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the sauce over the cooked macaroni and stir to combine.
- Serve immediately.
Optional: You can also add some steamed vegetables like broccoli or cauliflower to the mac and cheese for extra nutrition and flavor.
Leave a Reply