Prep Time10minutes mins
Cook Time25minutes mins
Total Time35minutes mins
Course: Dessert, Snack
Servings: 12 muffins
Author: Toni Okamoto
- Food Processor
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring spoons
- Medium Bowl
- 3 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium bananas)
- 0.5 cup granulated sugar
- 0.67 cup canola or vegetable oil plus more for greasing
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cup shredded carrot
- 2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 0.5 cup crushed walnuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees, and lightly grease a muffin tin.
- Place the mashed bananas in a large bowl.
- Add the sugar, oil, baking powder, baking soda, salt, flour, cinnamon, and gently mix together until well combined.
- Fold the carrots and walnuts (if using) into the batter.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin tin, filling each cup to the top.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the muffins are golden brown.
- Use overripe bananas: For natural sweetness allows you to reduce the amount of added sugar in the recipe.
- Don’t use too much flour: When using cup measurements, first fluff it up in the bag. Use a spoon to transfer it to the measuring cup, leveling it with the back of a knife.
- Don’t over-mix the batter: This will overdevelop the gluten and can lead to dense, rubbery/gummy muffins.
Calories: 238kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 0.4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.5g | Sodium: 463mg | Potassium: 326mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 3602IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 62mg | Iron: 2mg