This carrot cake baked oatmeal is the perfect breakfast meal prep! It requires minimal time, simple ingredients and literally tastes like cake for breakfast! It is topped with a high protein icing made with 3 ingredients and you can store it in the fridge for up to 5 days so you always have a healthy breakfast or snack on hand!
PREP TIME10 mins
COOK TIME40 mins
For the Baked Oatmeal
- 2 cups Rolled Oats
- 2 cups Plant Milk I used almond, but any will work
- ¼ cup Almond Butter
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 1 Large Grated Carrot
- 2 tbsp Chia Seeds
- ¼ cup Dried Cranberries
- ¼ cup Chopped Walnuts
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Nutmeg
- Pinch of Salt
For the High Protein Icing
- 300g Silken Tofu see notes if using extra firm tofu
- 2½ scoops Vegan Vanilla Protein Powder
- ½ cup Water
- Pick a baking dish for your oats. Mine was a 7×10 but you can use an 8×8 dish as well.
- Grate your carrot and add all of the ingredients into your baking dish.
- Mix well to combine then pop your dish into the oven at 400f and cook for 35-40 minutes.
- While your oats are cooking make the protein icing. Add the silken tofu, water and protein powder into a blender and blend until smooth. Add more protein if you prefer a sweeter icing. Use water as needed to thin and protein powder as needed to make it thicker to achieve an icing-like consistency.
- Spread your icing on top of the cooked baked oats using a spoon, spatula or with a squeezy bottle or piping bag.
- Top with extra shredded carrots and walnuts and enjoy! You can store it in the fridge for up to 5 days and it tastes AMAZING cold right out of the fridge!
If using extra firm tofu use 200g tofu, 1.25 cups water and 2.5 scoops of protein. Add water as needed to thin and protein powder as needed to thicken.
Serving: 1serveSodium: 433mgCalcium: 459mgVitamin C: 1.3mgVitamin A: 3595IUSugar: 16.9gFiber: 8.6gPotassium: 496mgCalories: 463kcalMonounsaturated Fat: 7.1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 7.5gSaturated Fat: 2.4gFat: 19.8gProtein: 29gCarbohydrates: 43gIron: 10.7mg
Leave a Reply