Simple yet delicious 20-minute Broccoli Garlic Pasta is a quick family-friendly dinner made with broccoli, pasta, garlic, olive oil, and salt and pepper. Easy ingredients, quick preparation make this dish a wonderful side dish or a complete meatless meal. Or, add grilled chicken or shrimp for a heartier version.
PREP TIME5 minutes
COOK TIME15 minutes
TOTAL TIME20 minutes
COURSEMain Course, Side Dish
- 12 oz shell pasta
- ½ head of fresh broccoli
- ½ cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Parmesan for serving
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to package. Meanwhile, crush the garlic and chop the broccoli into small pieces. When there are 7 minutes of cook time left, add the chopped broccoli to the boiling pasta.
- Drain pasta and broccoli and set aside.
- Add oil to the pot and cook garlic on medium heat for 2 minutes, stirring often. Toss with the pasta, broccoli, salt, and pepper. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Serve sprinkled with Parmesan cheese.
- Serving: 5ozCalories: 390kcalCarbohydrates: 46gProtein: 9gFat: 19gSaturated Fat: 3gSodium: 215mgPotassium: 296mgFiber: 3gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 316IUVitamin C: 46mgCalcium: 40mgIron: 1mg
Leave a Reply