This broccoli cauliflower soup recipe is super nutritious and ready in only 15 minutes!
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED FOR THE BROCCOLI CAULIFLOWER SOUP
- 2 cups broccoli florets, chopped small, and rinsed
- 3 cups cauliflower florets, chopped small, and rinsed
- 1 cup carrot, diced ( optional for low-carb, keto diet)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups (1,5l) vegetable broth
- 1 (15oz – 420g) can diced tomatoes, drained (or 4 tomatoes, diced)
- 1 tablespoon Italian dried herbs
- A pinch of crushed red pepper flakes, or to taste
- Salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- Fresh grated Parmesan cheese, for serving (optional)
- Chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, for serving
- Want a printer-friendly version of the recipe with full nutritional values?
- To make the broccoli cauliflower soup: In a large pot or dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; cook until onions are translucent and garlic is fragrant for about 2 minutes. Add carrot and cook stirring occasionally for 2 – 3 minutes. Add the broth, tomatoes, Italian herbs, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes to combine all of the flavors together.
- Stir in the rinsed broccoli and cauliflower florets, and continue to simmer gently until cooked through but still crunchy, approx. 5 minutes.
- Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper, garnish with parmesan and fresh parsley and serve the broccoli cauliflower soup immediately. Enjoy!
- The presented values are approximate and shouldn’t be considered as accurate. Please calculate your OWN nutrition information in a database using the brand names you have at hand. Each brand is different and nutrition information can vary.
Nutrient Summary Serving
Energy 1455.76 cal 363.94 cal
Fat 46.89 g 11.72 g
Protein 187.48 g 46.87 g
Carbs 74.9 g 18.72 g
Saturated Fat 11.78 g 2.94 g
Polyunsat Fat 9.92 g 2.48 g
Monounsat Fat 18.78 g 4.7 g
Sugar 24.68 g 6.17 g
Cholesterol 615.17 mg 153.79 mg
Sodium 3790.76 mg 947.69 mg
Potassium 4846.84 mg 1211.71 mg
Fiber 21.08 g 5.27 g
Leave a Reply