1 tbsp evoo
1 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp red chili flakes
1 onion, diced
2 red peppers
450g medium firm tofu
150ml plant-based milk
1. Cook aubergine and peppers over the open flame of your gas range (8 minutes a side for the aubergine and a little less for the peppers), until soft on the inside and charred on the outside.
2. Place aubergine and red pepper in a colander over a bowl and cover with aluminum foil for 10 or so minutes.
3. In the meantime, cook onion in evoo (in a frying pan over medium high heat) until soft with a bit of colour.
4. Add all ingredients to a high speed blender and blend until silky smooth and heated through (if your blender will do it).
5. If not, blend until smooth and transfer to pot to heat through.
2 tbsp salted vegan butter
1 tbsp chopped parsley
red chili flakes
2-3 tbsp vegan parmesan
250g cremini mushrooms
2 slices sourdough, torn into bite sized chunks
salt + pepper, to taste
1. In a frying pan over medium, heat 1/2 vegan butter. Cook mushrooms until golden on both sides—be sure to season well.
2. Push the mushrooms to one side of the pan, heat the remaining vegan butter and fry sourdough until crisp. Give the croutons a little pinch of salt.
3. Add mushrooms, sourdough, parsley, red chili flakes and parmesan to finish off soup.