3 cups plain flour, plus more for dusting
3/4 cup vegan milk, warm
1/2 cup melted vegan butter
1/4-1/2 cup sugar or coconut sugar
1 tbs instant dried yeast
1 tbs cinnamon
Pinch of nutmeg
Pinch of salt
Filling and glaze
1 cup blueberries
1-2 cups powdered sugar or 1/4 cup maple
2 tbs corn flour
1 tbs ground cinnamon
Dash of vanilla
- Combine all of the scroll ingredient in a large bowl (or do this in a stand mixer). Mix and knead until smooth. Leave the dough in the bowl, cover with a tea towel and leave it in a warm place for at least 1 hour or until it doubles.
- Add the blueberries, a dash of water and a few tablespoons of sugar/maple to small saucepan. Boil for 3 min then reduce the heat. Add the cinnamon, cornflour and vanilla. Roughly blend to make a chunky puree. Return the saucepan to the heat and stir until thickened. Set aside to cool.
- Scoop out the dough on a floured surface and roll into a rectangular shape. Spread the majority of the blueberry puree onto the rectangle, reserving some puree.
- Roll the dough into a tube. Use a sharp oiled knife to cut scrolls out of the pastry. Cover and set aside to rise.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Add the remaining powdered sugar or maple syrup to the remaining blueberry puree. Simmer the mixture on low heat until it thickens. Blend into a puree and set aside.
- Bake the scrolls for 25-30 minutes or until they are slightly golden brown.
- When the scrolls have cooled slightly, drizzle with the blueberry glaze.