PREP TIME: 20 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 30 MINUTES
Best Vegan Creamy Broccoli Soup 🌱 You’ll feel so good indulging in this healthy delicious & nutritious whole-food plant-based creamy soup. The addition of potato and fresh carrots make this thick & delish vegan cream of broccoli soup so satisfying! Gluten-free and oil-free, comfort food just doesn’t get much better than this.
- ▢1 C yellow onion diced
- ▢1 C celery diced (reserve half)
- ▢3 cloves garlic minced
- ▢¼ C water
- ▢5 C potato russet – peeled and cubed (reserve 2 cups)
- ▢4 C broccoli small florets – reserve half
- ▢1 carrot peeled & cut into rounds
- ▢2 C almond milk or a vegan milk of your choice
- ▢1 15 oz can cannellini beans drained & rinsed
- ▢2 C vegetable broth
- ▢2 teaspoon dried basil
- ▢1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ▢½ teaspoon dried dill
- ▢¼ teaspoon paprika
- ▢1 teaspoon sea salt add more to taste if desired
- ▢¼ teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- 🥕As always, be sure to read through the recipe completely before starting.
- 🥕Keep it easy on yourself by prepping all your veggies at the same time. Since you will need to reserve about half of the broccoli, celery and potatoes, simply cut everything and set aside the extra veggies (including carrot).
- 🥕It’s ok to use frozen broccoli florets and carrots that have been thawed in the fridge before adding. I do suggest sticking with fresh produce for the other veggie ingredients in the soup.
- 🥕If you don’t have an immersion blender, you can pour the soup into a high speed blender. Please be very careful when handling the hot soup while blending.
- 🥕You can replace the almond milk with another plant-based milk of your choice. The nutritional values may change depending on which you use.
- 🥕We have adjusted the original recipe by reducing the amount of salt by half. You can add more to taste, if needed.
- 🥕This soup is so hearty and satisfying. Garnish with fresh basil and a pinch of paprika for color. Sometimes I’ll add a sprinkle of nutmeg or vegan parmesan on top. You can also serve with croutons or crackers (gluten-free if preferred).
- Leftover soup should be stored refrigerated in an air tight container up to three days or frozen in freezer-proof containers up to 3 months. Thaw in a refrigerator before re-heating. Soup can be microwaved in a microwave-safe container or re-heated in a saucepan on a stovetop over low heat. Stir occasionally while re-heating.
- Calories: 82kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 426mg | Potassium: 239mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1775IU | Vitamin C: 43mg | Calcium: 150mg | Iron: 2mg