BEST & EASIEST VEGAN CHOCOLATE TRUFFLES

nutty vegan chocolate truffles in a bowl and on parchment paper

  •  Total Time: 30 minutes
  •  Yield: 25 truffes 
  • Diet: Vegan
  • Vegan Chocolate Truffles! Made with dates, nuts, seeds, peanut butter and cocoa in the food processor, rolled and dipped in dark chocolate! Melt in your mouth delicious! Best holiday recipe! Healthy and gluten free!

INGREDIENTS

SCALE1X2X3X

  • 1 cup dates
  • 1 cup walnuts
  • 1/2 cup almonds
  • 1/2 cup sunflower seeds ( I used toasted and salted)
  • 3 tbsps peanut butter or almond butter
  • 1/3 cup cocoa powder
  • 2 tsp vanilla

FOR DIPPING:

  • 1/2 tsp refined coconut oil or other ( optional see notes)
  • 2 good quality dark (vegan) chocolate bars, 100 grams each or equivalent of dairy free chocolate chips

OPTIONAL TOPPINGS:

  • chopped nuts
  • sprinkles
  • sea salt
  • coconut flakes
  • melted white chocolate, swirled on top

INSTRUCTIONS

  1. Add dates to a soup bowl and cover with boiling water. Meanwhile add all nuts to food processor and process till completely broken down. Drain the dates well and add them to food processor with rest of ingredients. Process until everything is completely mixed. you might have to scrape sides of processor a few times. You should end up with a mealy nutty mixture.
  2. Now just form one inch or so balls with your hand. It’s not so much rolling into a ball but forming one by squeezing the mixture with the palm of your hand and then shaping into a ball. These Vegan Truffles hold together really well. Now place formed balls on parchment lined tray and place in freezer to harden, while preparing your chocolate for dipping.
  3. Now start breaking up your chocolate bars and adding to your double boiler, along with oil ( if using) and set to medium-low heat, so water simmers gently ( my double boiler consists of a medium sauce pot filled with a couple inches of water and topped with small stainless steel mixing bowl) Make sure water doesn’t touch bottom of bowl. Stir chocolate till melted. It should take a few minutes.
  4. Turn off heat but keep chocolate over warm water, that way it will stay consistant for rolling balls
  5. Remove chocolate balls from freezer. Insert toothpicks into balls and dip and swirl, one at a time in melted chocolate, set on parchment lined tray. If you are adding additional toppings, sprinkles,… etc do it after you add each ball to the tray.
  6. Also you can add extra chocolate to top of balls ( to fix toothpick hole, etc..) with toothpick or small spoon.
  7. Let harden at room temp
  8. Enjoy!

NOTES

  • I used “Great Value” dark chocolate bars for this recipe. The quality is great (made in Switzerland) and the price is right. $1 a bar ( Canada)
  • I have melted chocolate with and without oil. I feel it will work either way. Some say it thins the chocolate and makes for easier dipping. The choice is yours.
  • These chocolates will keep fine covered at room temp, but don’t package them until they are fully hardened. Feel free to store in fridge if your prefer them cold.
  • If you love this recipe check out my Healthy delicious Chocolate Brownies YUM!!
  • Prep Time: 30 minutes
  • Category: Sweets, Gluten free
  • Method: food processor
  • Cuisine: American, Canadian

Serves 25Serving Size: 1Calories Per Serving: 120

Total Fat 7.9g 10% 0%Cholesterol 0.1mg1%Sodium 25mg4%Total Carbohydrate 11.6gSugars 8.1g5%Protein 2.7g5%Iron 1mg4%Niacin (B3) 0.7mg

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.