prep time15 minutes
cook time20 minutes
total time35 minutes
- ▢1 pound lean ground beef
- ▢½ cup onion diced
- ▢6 cups beef broth
- ▢14 ounces diced tomatoes
- ▢2 tablespoons tomato paste
- ▢1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ▢½ teaspoon oregano
- ▢½ teaspoon dried basil
- ▢1 ½ cups elbow macaroni uncooked
- ▢1 ½ cups frozen mixed vegetables
- In a large soup pot brown beef and onion until no pink remains. Drain any fat.
- Add broth, tomatoes, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Stir in macaroni noodles and vegetables, simmer an additional 8 minutes or until macaroni is tender. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Serve with shredded cheese if desired.
If adding fresh vegetables add before the pasta so they have time to soften.
If you are not going to be eating this all at one sitting, cook the pasta separately and add it to each bowl. If the macaroni is left in the soup overnight, it will soak up the broth and become mushy.
Change the flavor of this soup with seasonings and toppings. Try taco seasoning, with avocados, sliced jalapenos, and a dollop of sour cream on top for a taco soup.
For a meatless option, swap out the ground beef for black beans, pinto beans, or black eyed peas.
For best results when freezing, leave the pasta out and add when reheating
Serving: 1.5cups | Calories: 359 | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 51mg | Sodium: 661mg | Potassium: 1083mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 2469IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 60mg | Iron: 3mg
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
courseBeef, Main Course, Soup