Don’t confuse toasted sesame oil with plain sesame oil; you want the toasted variety because it tastes and smells amazing and requires a very small amount to provide a lot of flavour.
Fish sauce—this gives the finished dish a necessary boost of “umami.” I choose Red Boat Fish Sauce because it has the best flavour and contains no additional sugar.
Preparation: one hour
Time to Cook: 12 minutes
1 hour, 12 minutes overall
7 g total carbs, 6 g net carbs
23 g of protein
- 1 lb. of flat iron steak, thinly sliced counterclockwise
- 1/2 lb. of broccoli, separated into tiny florets
- Coconut Oil, 1/4 cup
- Toasted sesame oil, 1 teaspoon
- Fish sauce, 1 teaspoon Beef and Broccoli Marinade
- Coconut Aminos, 1/4 cup
- 1 teaspoon grated, peeled root ginger; never ginger powder!
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- Slice the flat iron steak against the grain, very thinly.
- In a small bag, combine the coconut aminos, ginger, and garlic with the beef slices. In the refrigerator, marinate for one hour.
- When it’s time to cook, remove the beef from the marinade, but keep the liquid; it will be the sauce for the stir-fry.
- Boiling water should be used to blanch the broccoli for two minutes.
- Oil should be heated to a medium-high temperature in a big wok or cast iron skillet before beef is stir-fried for a few minutes until browned. From skillet, remove.
- After about 3 minutes of stir-frying, add the remaining marinade and cook the broccoli for an additional 2 minutes, or until it is crisp-tender.
- Put fish sauce and toasted sesame oil, then serve .
- Use just root ginger; it cannot be substituted for the powdered ginger you generally use in baking. Ask a store clerk if you are unsure because you should be able to find ginger root there.
- It must first be peeled before being grated or finely chopped.
- Each serving of this recipe has about 6g of net carbohydrates.
- Read the label before purchasing coconut aminos because some brands have a greater carb content than others based on the components. I like the Kroger own brand or Coconut Secret Coconut Aminos better.
When it comes to cooking and eating recipes, I’ve been very into Asian cuisine. Asian cuisine fits the bill for me since I simply adore dishes that are brimming with flavour.
Food that is bland is the one thing I don’t like.
Moreover, nightly fare that takes an eternity to prepare.
Not only is my Whole30 and Paleo beef and broccoli ketogenic, but it is also ketogenic.
I already have a few fantastic Asian recipes on this website, in case you missed them: Keto General Tso’s Chicken and Keto Lo Mein are just the beginning!
Best for keto beef with broccoli?
If I didn’t include ButcherBox here, I would be remiss. I simply don’t have the time to shop around town to find the specific cut of high-quality grass-fed and grass-finished beef that I require for a given dish.
Since it costs less than $6 every meal, I utilise ButcherBox to get grass-fed beef, free-range chicken, and heritage-bred pig delivered straight to my house.
And they’re currently offering one of my favourite specials: Free bacon that has been “Whole30 approved” for LIFE.
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 16g100%
Leave a Reply