Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes Total Time: 25 minutes Yield: 2
Penne pasta tossed in creamy balsamic mushrooms sauce
- 1 cup Pasta (of your choice)
- 200 grams Mushrooms
- 2 tbsp Olive oil (extra virgin)
- 1 1/2 tbsp Garlic (crushed)
- 1/4 cup Balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup Vegan Whipping cream
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese (grated)
- salt & pepper
- Boil the pasta as per the package instructions.
- Slice the mushrooms as shown in the blog post.
- Heat olive oil in a pan and add mushrooms and garlic to it. Sauté for about 2-3 minutes on medium low heat until the mushrooms are cooked and start turning brown.
- Add the balsamic vinegar to the mushrooms and let this cook on low flame until the vinegar is reduced.
- Once the vinegar is completely reduced, add the whipping cream and mix everything. Let this cook (and come together) for not more than a minute.
- Add the boiled pasta, salt & pepper, thyme and cook this for another minute or two max and turn off the heat.
- Sprinkle some parmesan cheese and serve hot.